I am excited to say that I have had my first blog post published to the Rackspace Blog.
It details the latest version of the Zipit Backup Utility for Cloud Sites.
Check it out here: http://www.rackspace.com/blog/backup-cloud-sites-to-cloud-files-with-the-zipit-backup-utility/
I just wanted to let everyone know that the latest version of the Zipit Backup Utilty is available.
I have completely rewritten it and it includes a ton of new features and improvements.
1. Faster and more reliable for sites/databases up to 4gbs after compression.
2. New design with jquery/ajax implementation.
3. Allows for adding multiple database connections for easy on demand and scheduled backups
4. Scheduled backups can now be set for Weekly Rotation!
5. Auto detection of WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal make it easy to add your database connections
6. New Troubleshooting tab to give answers to the most common issues
7. New built in updater allows for users to quickly update to the latest version as soon as it is released
You can read more and follow the discussion on the Community Forums page.
I am also always looking for feedback and bug reports so that I can improve Zipit. So please comment on the forums or on the Knowledge Center page and I will do my very best to get an answer to you and/or fix any issues that are found.